Company Commercial Law Intellectual Property Law
Company Commercial Law
Intellectual Property Law
- Supply contracts and terms and conditions of sale
- Creation, protection and exploitation of copyright, design rights, trade marks and patents
- Domain name registration and disputes
- Distribution agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Trade mark clearance
- Copyright, design right, trade mark and patent licenses and assignments
- Confidentiality and non disclosure agreements
- Sponsorship agreements
- Advertising and marketing clearances and agreements
- IP training for fashion design and marketing departments
- Anti-counterfeit strategy
- Passing off claims
- IP issues on acquisitions
- IP and IT litigation and dispute resolution
- Patent validity and infringement advice
Solicitor of England and Wales, 1999
- BA(Hons) 2:1 Durham University 1995
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School, London 1996
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, The College of Law 1997
- Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law, University of Bristol 2002
- Programme for High Value Managers, Manchester Business School – 2009
- BAE Systems
Emma is an energetic, enthusiastic, and dynamic lawyer who comes with solid commercial experience and acumen having worked both in house and in private practice at senior levels. Her clients range from well known retail clients to defence giants and she is equally at ease with both.
She gives practical, no-nonsense, sound commercial advice aimed at solving clients’ problems and has a “can do” attitude that is welcomed by her clients.
Whether it is commercial agreements and transactional work or dispute resolution that is required, the breadth of expertise that Emma can offer is a particular strength and she is happy to work with new starts and SMEs in addition to more established businesses.
Emma also recognises the need for value for money and is willing to tailor her services to her clients’ budgets.
L Bridgwood, former Head of Legal at Aurora Fashions
“I worked with Emma whilst in my capacity as in house legal at Aurora and Karen Millen and I found her support in developing an anti counterfeit strategy and transitioning the intellectual property portfolio in particular to be invaluable”.
J Berry, former Company Secretary and Head of Legal at Iceland Foods
“Emma is an extremely effective lawyer who gives sound commercial advice and interacts well with executives and colleagues at all levels.”
M Shallcross, Global Head of Delivery, Machine to Machine at Vodafone
“Emma is undoubtedly one of the best legal counsel I have had the pleasure to work with. On a complex 3-party prime/sub-prime deal she consistently demonstrated an ideal balance of assertiveness and pragmatism. Also, recognising that her internal customers needed coaching through the contractual process, she always made herself available, giving time to listen, understand and advise on issues as they arose.”